Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Christmas Ball Garland

Last week I decided to start putting some of the ideas on my Pinterest Boards to work.  First up, a Christmas project....

I pulled out this big container of 100 coordinating Christmas balls that I bought at a Boxing Day sale a few years ago.  I really didn't need to buy more Christmas decorations but they were on super duper sale so I couldn't resist.



Then I followed the tutorial I pinned ages ago from Upside Down Grace.  This project is beyond easy and can be finished while watching TV.

I wasn't sure how long 100 Christmas balls would get me.  I thought I could make my garland long enough to drape down my banister but no go.  So it ended up on top of mantle~


I added a little cheap greenery underneath and some tea lights behind and now it has a sort of magical glow.


Right now I've also got my Christmas Luminaries up on each side but I'll probably add a banner and few more bits and bobs from now until December.


Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?  Maybe it's just a blogger thing?  Leave a comment below~

5 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

Beautiful swag of gold ornaments for your mantel. yes, I would have thought 100 would be longer.

Connie Mercer said...

looks amazing!!! Thanks for stoppping by my blog :)

Tania Pelletier said...

It looks really nice so far! It always amazes me how so many ornaments (or whatever else you may be working with) will NOT go very far! It looks great on the mantle though.

Tania

Donna Wilkes said...

Thank you for being with Make It Monday this week. Love that garland.

CD Loken said...

Your garland is just lovely on your mantel!! Great job!!!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...