Friday, July 25, 2014

Moon and Star Bracelet

Got some scrap fabric and a bracelet you never wear? Then today's refashion project is just the thing for you!




Here's what you need to cover your own bracelet:


 Materials:
-Bracelet or bangle
-remnant of cotton
-scissors

Steps:
1) Cut a strip of fabric 1/2".  I didn't have the full width of my fabric left over so I just tied some strips together.  If you have the full 45" width one strip should be enough.


 2) Place your bracelet in front of it at the halfway point of your strip of fabric and tie.  Then follow the instructions below~





 Pull tightly.  After a few knots you'll begin to notice that you'll be getting a lovely spiral rib forming.



At the end just knot your fabric twice and snip any ends.


That's it!  I like it much better now and can see myself wearing it with my hippie dippy weekend outfits easily.  This is a very basic macramé knot but in a new medium other than hemp it has a new life.  Have you ever tried macramé knots with other materials?  Leave a comment.

You can check out some of my other macramé pieces HERE.

2 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE this bracelet Tamara. And I'm happy to say I recognised the knot as basic macrame - so I must be learning something!! Love the idea of using scrap fabric for this too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love this idea for the bracelet! It would be perfect for old baby clothes as a keepsake! I would love for you to share your project on my Meet Up Monday Blog Party!
http://jennymaire.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...