Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mod Podge Cookie Tin

A couple of weeks ago I was in the mood to Mod Podge, but I didn't have anything left in the house to use.  I went to the 2 thrift shops in town to find a cookie tin, but believe it or not, they had nothing!  So, I asked my mom...still nothing!  Then I asked my aunt, who like me can never throw anything away, and I finally found what I was looking for.


Once it finally stopped raining for more than a few minutes, I was able to run outside and quickly give it a coat of bright happy pink spray paint.


I used my Silhouette to cut a perfect circle for the top, mod podged it on (ahhhhh, that felt good), pulled out the Sparkle Mod Podge for a top coat, then added some pretty embellishments.

I felt like it still needed something else, so I ran my glue runner down a strip of ribbon and added it to the side of the lid.

Mod Podge, Sparkle Mod Podge, DIY Cookie Tin, Decoupage

With my Mod Podge craving satisfied there was nothing left to do but fill it with some super yummy, super chocolately home baked Haystack cookies (some people call these unbaked cookies) and return the cookie tin to my aunt~


The secret to great Haystacks is to add just a little more cocoa than you need to, then add just a bit more ;)

Have you ever had a craft craving?  Something that you can't stop thinking about making?  Leave a comment below~

3 comments:

Elise Engh said...

Fun project! That's weird that the thrift store had no tins- usually the aisles are bursting with those things.

Unknown said...

Love how it turned out! Funny that I went thrifting on Wednesday too!

I still want to make Halloween floating ghosts from cheesecloth. I ran out of time last year, so maybe I should make them now, way ahead of time :)

craftsonthego said...

I have one of those tins. You gave me an idea. I hope it works out.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...