Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Butterfly Cushion

I'm slowly redoing the colours on my main floor.  This means, redoing all of the cushions that I made a couple of years ago.

One by one, they will eventually go from different shades of rose and burgundy...



To something else much cuter, playful, and colourful.


I just made a simple envelope style cover and then ironed on the butterfly applique from a Silhouette pattern and a remnant from some pedal pushers that I made for my niece.

Believe it or not, I actually wasn't sure what design to use for the applique.  At first I was going to go with a saying about travellers, then I decided on an owl.   Finally I shook my head and realized how silly it would be to not do a butterfly.  This is the butterfly house for crying out loud~

I'm not sure yet if it will find a home on my DIY bench...


or on my wicker chair (which needs a chair pad).  Those green curtains are going too as soon as I figure out what will replace them.


How often do you change the colours in your house?  Do you still have white walls that came with the house?  Leave a comment~

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...