Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Second Hand Score

I don't normally check kijiji (Canada's version of Craig's List) for anything, ever.  But for some reason on Easter weekend I took a peek and did a quick search for wicker furniture.  And what do you know?!?!  The perfect set was right there waiting for me, just listed!



Luckily I had the Monday after Easter off and was able to go pick it up immediately after the seller called me back.  And it all fit in my vehicle perfectly!  It's like it was meant to be.


It's great quality and looks awesome in my front porch.  I got a love seat, 2 chairs, a glass top coffee table, and even a planter all for $200!  I didn't even bother haggling, I knew I had a score.

Still needs a rug
Unfortunately, that Monday was the first and last nice day we've had this spring so I haven't been able to spend any more time in this space.  Please send some positive thoughts up to Northern Saskatchewan and wish all this darn snow and rain away for me...(before I totally lose my mind), and then I can hang out in my sun room.

I blame my obsession on Three's Company.  I was pretty young when it was on and wasn't really allowed to watch it.  It was considered too risqué but every once in awhile I got to stay up late (probably 8:30) and got a sneak peek.  For some reason Jack, Chrissy, and Janet seemed to me to be living the high life in their luxurious wicker palace.

No fewer than 7 pieces of wicker in one room!
Do you have a penchant for wicker furniture?  What's your favourite TV sitcom set from the past?  Leave a comment below~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I love the Three's Company reference. Nice secondhand score. So cool! Maybe Mr. Roper will stop by...lol

Donna Wilkes said...

Oh. no, don't let Mr. Roper stop by! Love the set you found. I am trying to send our warmth up there, but it keeps sneaking back South. I loved Bewitched - I was always trying to twitch my nose.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...