Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Vegas Top that Never Saw Vegas

I'm not sure if you caught the newsflash but, I made a short little trip to Las Vegas about a month ago.

I've traveled all over the world but I've never been to Vegas so I thought it would be fun for a quick little getaway before the holidays hit.

When I think of Vegas I think of bright lights, high heels, club wear, loud music, etc.  So, even though I was pretty sure I wouldn't be hitting any of the famous night clubs I wanted to take a cute little disco top...just in case.

If you're going to go disco you have to go right to the source, so I used this vintage pattern from 1979.


Of course, I forgot my top on my dressform and left it at home. (It's actually still there, right now, as you read this)

I used a shimmery lingerie fabric~
It's all fine though, because we didn't have very nice weather while we were there.  And now I can take it with me to Australia and it will still be a new top when I pull it out of my backpack.

Have you ever made something for vacation and left it behind? Leave a comment below~

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I really love the top. Its so pretty.

Unknown said...

Adorable top! It will be perfect! dropping by from someday crafts.

Mindy said...

Nicely done!

I've prepared an entire project for a trip and then forgotten an important tool or item. Argh--frustrating, eh?

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...