Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Last Summer Dress


I'm trying to hang onto summer but as the mornings and evenings get cooler and cooler, reality has started to seep in and I've realized that this might be the last summer dress I make for myself this year.  Boooo hooo!

The fabric is a fabulous coral linen that I picked up from the bargain bin for only a couple of dollars/metre.

New Hairdo!  My colleagues at work told me
it makes me look younger....so I think I'll wear my
hair like this for the rest of my life ;)
 I thought the coral would be perfect for summer but I'm not used to wearing this much colour so I feel a little uncomfortable in it.  I think it probably doesn't help that I watched an entire season of Mad Men in two days while I was making this so all I can see is mod, mod, mod when I put this on.



I have made this pattern before, only with sleeves.  I love the way the other dresses turned out, I need convincing on this one though.

Summer dress, dress, sewing, etcetorize, New Look Dress
The yoke looks intimidating but
it's surprisingly easy to accomplish~
I would be surprised if this pattern is still in the current stock.  I got it several years ago.  I might still give it one more go and try view A.  I like the casual vibe with the gathered waist.

You can see my other two versions HERE.

What about where you live?  Are you lucky enough to have an extra long summer or gorgeous weather all year round?  Leave a comment below and let me live vicariously through you~

6 comments:

Jill said...

I love the dress! It looks fantastic! I think the reason you are more in love with the other ones immediately is because they're patterned. I'd try belting the dress and see how you fee (I'm in love with belting evertyihg right now....dresses, cardigans....)

Unknown said...

I think that this tunic look would look great on our Refashioning the 60's Challenge, going on now... maybe i'm going to draft something similar!
Tx for the inspiration!!!
Pinned ;)
MammaNene @ SergerPepper

Theresa said...

I think you did a wonderful job! I am not much of a color wearer either, so I can see why you may feel uncomfortable. Don't! The dress looks fabulous.
Your hair looks fab too!

Unknown said...

Great dress - love the color on you. I have a pattern similar to that but I think it is a Kwik Sew.

Unknown said...

I find you very beautiful in that color.
The dress is perfect and you look gorgeous in it.

Cheers,
Dorothee (www.mimismae.wordpress.com)

LilyWhite said...

Ah! This is super cute!! Turned out adorable! Would you link this up to the frugal, Crafty, home hop?
http://www.lilywhite-designs.com/2013/08/frugal-crafty-home-38.html

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...