Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Shirred Dress Make-over

Last summer I showed you how to make a shirred sundress for yourself.

As much as I liked my maxi dress and got nice compliments on it, I just wasn't wearing it.  It could have something to do with all of the other pretty maxi dresses in my closet but let's not go there.

Instead, let's just make it over so someone else can wear it!


 Because the bodice is all elasticized with shirring I didn't even have to change the width at all, just the length.

I was able to cut enough off to use the extra fabric to add straps and a ruffle at the bottom.


She wore her new dress all day which is a pretty good sign that she liked it~


I'm done making summer clothes for myself, but think I have a couple more kids summer projects left to finish up before the weather really changes.

Such a great model!
Have you started on fall projects yet or are you like me and still hanging onto summer?  Leave a comment below~

No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...