I got this little pack of owls from Wholeport this month. I completely forgot that I had ordered them so it was a nice surprise when they fell out of the packet.
|10 in a pack for less than $3!|
Here's what else you need to make your own Framed Owl Earrings:
-Owls, cabochons, shephard's hook earring findings, long headpin with loop at end
-pretty scrapbook paper, mod podge, sponge brush
-jewellery pliers, craft knife
-optional: wire cutters (pliers usually have a cutter built in)
1) Cut out two ovals from your scrapbook paper that fit will fit inside the oval of your cabochons. I placed my paper on top of my cabochon and gently pressed along the edge of the frame to emboss the paper lightly and then just cut along the embossed line. You'll still have to trim a bit and it might not be perfect but that's OK. The paper will be covered by your owl and just peek through a bit.
2) Adhere your paper to the cabochon. I used Mod Podge because I know it will work with metal but you can use whatever your favourite adhesive is.
3) I decided at the last minute to fill the cabochons with Mod Podge Dimensional to add a resin look. You can just use regular Mod Podge if you want. In fact, if you use the regular formula you'll probably only need to wait about an hour to move onto the next step. If you use Dimensional you'll have to let it sit overnight to completely dry.
|Refill with more Dimensional Mod Podge|
about a half hour after the first pour. It settles a bit
and the second pour will make sure you get right to the edges.
Just string on a few beads and create another loop at the top.
5) Attach to the shephard's hook finding.
6) Once your paper is dry just layer it onto the bottom loop with your owl.
That's it! Now you can rock your trendy look~
My aunt used to collect owls. It didn't take long before she had a house full of them. Eventually she had to tell everyone to stop buying her ceramic owls, owl salt and pepper shakers, owl earrings, and owl anything else.
What do you collect? Do you know anyone who has a house full of rooster, cats, or pigs (of the ceramic variety)? Leave a comment below and tell us all about it!
*This is a sponsored post however I did not receive any remuneration other than the products shown and all opinions are my own~