Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Butterfly Cupcake Picks

Last winter while I was in hibernation and not leaving the house, I half-heartedly planned on creating another Etsy shop, focusing on handmade paper items.  I went to town...for about a week, and then got tired of it all.  That's just what winter does to me.

So, now I need to throw a party, or two, because I have more than a few sets of these cute little cupcake picks that I made.


I found unlicensed butterfly images on the web, printed them,embossed them, and cut them all out by hand.  Then I used my Silhouette to cut out the medallions and inked the edges.  I glued them all together on toothpicks and tah dah!  The perfect addition to any cupcake!


These are high quality cupcake picks!
Even the backs are covered~
I also made photo corners and paper buttons for scrapbook/cardmaking embellishments.  I still think it's a fun idea, but now that summer's here, and I've come out of hibernation, I just don't have time for the assembly line.

I LOVE this green set~

Maybe next winter~

                                                   Happy Butterfly Week!



 

8 comments:

Ivaalex said...

Красиви пеперуди, много забавна задача за деца. Благодаря ще се възползвам от идеята.

srpprcrftr said...

Your cupcake toppers are great, love them all. Great way to spend some long winter days. Why aren't you going to list them on your etsy store? You did such a nice professional job on them I would think people would want to buy them.
If I didn't make things like this myself I would buy them. I'm a paper crafting nut.
Spend much of my winter days/nights making paper crafts for gifts as I don't have an etsy store or blog.
Happy days

Scent of style said...

Very creative and beautiful!
I follow you.
Greetings from Bulgaria!
http://scentofstyl.blogspot.gr/

Unknown said...

Hi I am stopping by your blog from the Adorned From Above Wednesday Blog Hop. I would very much love it if you would stop by ours as well. We also have a great giveaway running with a winner to be announced in 8 days. Come on by and join up. We will also have a blog hop Friday.

Blog: www.ashleychapmandesigns.com/blog

Thanks so much!
Ashley

Stampin' VMG206 said...

These are darling! I love the texture on the butterfly's, too. I'm visiting today from Shabby Creek Cottage. I co-host a Linky Party Tuesday (open thru Sat) and I'd love for you to link up! I hope you get a chance to stop by, link up and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Join me each Tuesday for Brag About It Link Up Party

Sharon said...

I love to make cards and these would be a cute addition. I like your use of just about any paper around. It's amazing what can look cute if used right! I have to copy ideas, don't think of them on my own!

Visiting through Diana Rambles Pin Me party.

Darlene Nemeth said...

Hi, these are adorable. I pinned them.

Tanya Anurag said...

Perfect for butterfly themed parties! Like the embossing on the sheet. How do you do that?

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...