Monday, June 17, 2013

Boys Shorts


It's Kids Fashion Week here at Etcetorize!  Everyday this week I'll share something I've made for one of the kids in my life.

Starting with my soccer playing nephew.

When he can't take goofball photos
he's a little at a loss as to what to
do in front of the camera~
This is absolutely the last I have of this camoflage fabric I picked up from the bargain bin.  I think I got 2 or 3 metres at about $2/metre.  It was 60" wide so I was able to get loads of projects from it.  I think I got a pair of pants, a vest, a jacket, and a pair of shorts out of it.

Here's the pattern I used, an oldie but goodie from the thrift shop:


You can't see it but I used a drawstring elastic in the waistband.  He grows so fast, I wanted to make sure these shorts would fit him for awhile.


I never really know what to make for boys clothing other than shorts and pants and jackets.  Do you have any good sources or favourite patterns that you use for your little boy?  Leave a comment below~

1 comment:

Jill said...

Cool shorts Tamara! Camouflage fabric is always perfect for little (or not so little) boys!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...