Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lady O

This has has very little to do with sewing and crafting but I have to share something with you.....the Oprah experience!!!!  Yes!  I got to see Oprah, live, in person!

Attending her show was on my bucket list, and when it ended, I just figured that was one thing I'd never get to do.  So, when it was announced that she was coming to Saskatchewan of all places, I knew I'd be there.

My sister and I went in on a ticket for my mom too as an early birthday present.  I put the ticket in this envelope:

My hands were so shaky from excitement
I had to get someone else to take our picture~
It was a great show.  Even though she was just up there on that stage, in front of more than 13,000 people, talking, she was entertaining.  She told all of the Oprah stories that we know and love but you could hear a pin drop.  Everyone was riveted to every word.



Could you talk in front of
13,000 people?!?!?
At the end, George Strombolopolous (Strombo for short) came out and did a little one on one chat with her. He's a Canadian radio host that now has his own late afternoon talk show.


I find myself very contemplative after the experience.  She talked a lot about finding your purpose and finding the stillness to let it come to you.  This is something I've been after for a long time, and hearing about her experiences really pushes me to focus a little more to figure it all out.


If you ever get the chance to stand in the light of Lady O....go for it!  You won't regret it~

She looks amazing!
Have any of you out there seen Oprah in person?  Did you have the thrill of seeing a taping of the show when it was still on?  Leave a comment, I want to hear all about it!!!!

4 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Had that on my Bucket List also, but didn't get it done in time before she quit filming. Who knows, she may be around here sometime.

Judy

Anonymous said...

Wow! Oprah is awesome!

Jill said...

I was at this show too! I'm always surprised when I find other bloggers from Saskatoon! You look like you had fantastic seats! I was way up in the nosebleeds. My mom and I went together and every now and again when the other person is sticking their nose where it doesn't belong we throw out a "stay in your own lane!" and end up laughing!

Lisa Newlin said...

I can't believe there are 13,000 people in the audience! Holy crap!

That's so cool you got to go and see her. I 'm definitely jealous.

FYI: I'm visiting from the blog hop. :-)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...