Here's what you need to make your own:
-Gorgeous heavy weight paper
-scissors, sharp blade, straight edge, cutting mat
-Mod Podge, sponge brush
-one blah boring ceiling fan (not shown)
1) Using your screw driver, remove the blades from your fan. You'll probably need to wipe them down unless you live in one of those fanatically clean houses I've only seen in magazines.
2) Lay out your gorgeous paper (I got mine from an art supply store), and decide where you want the designs to fall. Watch for repeats or a one way pattern. With a pencil, lightly trace around your blades.
3) Cut along the traced out lines with your scissors. If you're especially confident with a sharp knife you could skip these two steps and just cut along the edges of the fan blades. I wasn't so confident.
4) Lay out your cut pieces to make sure you're happy with the configuration.
5) Now comes the fun part...the Mod Podge! Get out the big bottle and paint it onto your fan blade.
6) Lay your paper down on top. If you don't have a brayer, use a straight edge to gently push the glue right to the edges and even out any air pockets.
8) Use your sharp blade again to make holes in the paper where the screws need to go through to re-attach to the fan.
9) If you want a shiny finish lay another coat of Mod Podge on top of the paper and seal in the sides while you're at it. I opted for a matte finish and didn't do this top layer of Mod Podge....so I'm already done!
10) Reattach the blades to the fan and then just sit underneath it and gaze at it's prettiness! So lovely, don't you think???
This room is getting seriously pretty! I left the other side of the blades white so that if I change the decor or sell my house I can easily switch it back.
This is also a slightly better photo of my PEACE wall art that I showed you a couple of years ago.
Have a crafty weekend everyone! Enjoy~