Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tell a Tale: The Josephine B Trilogy



Here's the perfect book to roll into fall with.
It's big, it's fascinating, and you won't want it to end!


Summary (from Goodreads):
An irresistible story of love and loss, of political intrigue and revolution, and of the transformation of an impressionable young girl into one of the most sophisticated and powerful women in history, The Josephine Bonaparte Trilogy comprises three spellbinding books inspired by the life of Josephine Bonaparte. From her simple childhood on the French island of Martinique and her first heady experience in revolutionary Paris to her turbulent marriage to Napoleon, Josephine's destiny lay with the man determined to rule all of France, determined to make her Empress.

Review:
I read these books as a whole set published in one great big book. It took a long time to read but I enjoyed it thoroughly and was actually quite disappointed when it ended...I wanted it to go on and on. Josephine Bonaparte was an incredibly fascinating woman who led an incredibly fascinating life.

This book made me want to learn even more about her and Napoleon. They seemed to live one of those wonderfully great love stories that is amazing and tragic all at once. I guess that's how it is with such dynamic people though.

I highly, highly recommend this book to almost anyone. It has adventure, war, treachery, crazy in-laws, a mothers passion, and a love for all time. Loved it!


Josephine and Napoleon
You can get these books separately but I guarantee once you start, you'll be hooked.  I have another of Sandra Gulland's books coming up soon to tell you about too!  She's an absolutely wonderful storyteller.

File:Jacques-Louis David 019.jpg
The Coronation, Jacques-Louis David
One of my all time favourite paintings~

Do you have a favourite historical couple?  Leave a comment below~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband is a huge history buff and has gotten me into it more. I would never have thought that Napoleon would have would have a love story. It sounds like such an interesting read. I love your reviews, you always make me want to read which ever book it is you are writing about.:) Thanks so much for sharing with us and linking up to the party.:)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...