Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pinspired Lip Balm

I came across this fun project on pinterest and thought I'd give it a go:



I probably should've clicked through to read the whole post because it looks like a lot of people had the same problems I did and they came up with some good advice.


It's really just melted vaseline and drink crystals mixed together.  To be fair, I didn't follow the recipe at all, I just eyeballed it.  But you can see how much separation I got.  The drink crystals (ice-tea and cherry) just sunk to the bottom when it solidified.  Like I said above, make sure to check out the original post for some great tips on how to avoid this.


These ones were slightly more successful.  I just cut up some Avon flavoured lip balm and stirred it into the vaseline.  These ones are Bubble Gum and Lemon Lime flavoured.


Even if they weren't 5 star successful my lips are pretty glossy and soft when I use them.  Plus I got to pull out my sparkle Mod Podge to make decorate the containers!  Sparkle Mod Podge makes anything worthwhile~

5 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Fun. I wonder if you could use coconut oil? Great for a slumber party project too.

Amy said...

My daughter's been asking and asking (and asking) for that lipgloss making kit that sells at Target and I keep saying no because I know we can diy it. Now I have to do it!!

Unknown said...

I've tried that too and found the same thing. Vaseline is just too sticky for my tastes in lipgloss. And, you are so right, sparkle mod podge makes everything worth it.

Thanks for sharing. Have an awesome weekend!

Krista

Unknown said...

Super cute post, and such a fun idea! We should definitely follow each other! You can check out my blog at www.w-t-fab.com

Meaningful Mama said...

It's a really fun idea. Sorry you had issues with it!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...