Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Journal

I got another ugly freebie journal from work awhile ago.  I really wanted to use the book but given everything that was going on there over the past few months I really didn't want to be reminded of the stress with a big fat logo on the front cover....so I Mod Podged it.

DIY Journal, #Mod Podge, #Paper crafts

I had no clue what to do with the bright blue edging, closure and pen and in the end just decided to ignore it and hope that it would somehow blend in with whatever I put on top of it all.


Guess what!?!?  I think it worked~


Ever since I made my travel journal last winter I always add pretty tabs to my new books.

I love it!  Who knew what an improvement a cheap paper doily, some scrap paper and printed vellum could make.  I use it to record inspirational quotes, card sketches, project ideas and inspirations, and websites I need to go visit.  I'm know I'll fill this baby up super quick~

8 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil said...

This is great! I have some ugly blank composition notebooks that I plan to make over as gifts for friends, and this definitely inspires me!

Maria Elena said...

What a great way to create a beautiful journal! Very creative!

Oklahomaredhead said...

I really like your tabs. DId you cover clear tabs or buy them they way they are?

Anonymous said...

I love this! Bought a spiral notebook today and I'm making it over for my grandson. When it's covered with video game and comic photos he'll fill it with ideas for games he wants to create . . . and lots of drawings of monsters. :~)

You are the first blog I'm following and I love it. Thanks so much.

Carrol said...

Didn't mean to be anonymous in the above posting!

Annie said...

LOVE this! I am a huge journal/stationary freak but have never decorated one--I'll have to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Very pretty journal Tamara!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jana said...

So creative. Thank you for the tutorial.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...