Thursday, April 19, 2012

Seriously Anthropologie???

Seriously Anthropologie????  Don't you ever get tired of people making fun of your crazy prices for things they can make at home???

Apparently not, otherwise why have you listed this lovely chair made from scrap wood for almost $1000???



I get that it's one of a kind.  I get that the wood is from a Dutch fishing boat.  I get that it's "storm weathered".  But come on.  Surely you could've made something much more beautiful than this very uncomfortable looking chair.

If this kind of thing actually appeals to you, you can find it HERE.

Something I don't get....


This is a real tub that's been squashed and you hang it on your wall.  I know, it's art.  I actually studied art, here and in Europe, but I just don't get this one.  You can check out the listing HERE and HERE.

What do you think?  Do you think it's strange to find objects like these in the same store you go to for a pretty scarf and earrings?  Is Anthropologie trying to change it's demographic and I missed the notice?  Do I need to be more open-minded?  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts~

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you know there is a whole website designated to making fun of absurd anthro items? Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what it's called...

Mindy said...

Wow. Ridiculous!

Little City Farm said...

Wow - that's just insane.

Gen said...

yeah. I'm with you on this one. Foolish foolish people!

L.A.C.E. said...

The chair is nice, but the price it too high. It doesn't surprise me though. Child art wall pieces, well adult pieces that looks like a child made it goes for that or more.

As for the tub. really? If that is art, we need to be raiding the dump. You pay $10 bucks to drop off your stuff, maybe they'll let you go in and remove stuff to hang on your wall too. Definitely cheaper than that narsty looking thing.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...