Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pinspired Birthday Card

I've mentioned before that I'm not a card maker.  But I decided to give it another go recently for my mom's birthday.

I was inspired by this pretty card from Cards by Eli.


Mine doesn't really look anything like hers but it's still what got me going.

I was trying for long time to not start collecting paper, because I can see that becoming something that will spin completely out of control.  But, I can't help it.  There are just so many pretty designs out there.  And now I need to start using it up!


I found the cute poem by  Joanna Fuchs here and let my Silhouette write it out for me using my sketch pens (same for the cover lettering and the badge on the next side). 


I had these cute little Martha Stewart Flags so decided to throw a badge together.  It's on pop dots.  If she's really into it, she can pop it off and wear it.  Unlikely, but could be fun~


I also tried out my circular edge punch for the first time.  It took a couple of tries but eventually I figured out what I was doing.

Paper is from the Stella and Rose pack from My Mind's Eye.  So many pretty papers!

Me and my Mom~
I have another card that I'm making for Mother's Day.  I can't wait to show it to you next month!  I've even surprised myself at how nice it's turning out~

8 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

What can't you do? I am always impressed. You and your mom are just lovely.

Gen said...

Welcome to a crazy world of paper hoarding and layout obsessions! Super pretty card!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

you are so amazing! what a beautiful creation!!! sending hugs!!!!

Little City Farm said...

Love that picture of you and your mom. Your card turned out nice. It's funny how far you can end up from your inspiration.

Mitzi said...

Your card is beautiful! Very nicely done. I love the picture of you and your mom. Two lovely ladies!

Veronica and Daniel said...

These cards are stunning! I have "make cards" on my "to do" list for this rainy Saturday, and you have totally inspired me! Oh, and I am your newest follower :) Have a great weekend!

Melanna said...

That turned out lovely! Please come share with my readers http://rhapsodyofcacophony.blogspot.ca/2012/04/pin-ed-it-made-it-party-0427.html

annewalker said...

I was looking for birthday card designs and ideas that I use as inspiration for my next collection of Printable Birthday Cards and was directed to this page. I love the cards you posted especially that one with purple butterfly, I love it! Thank you for sharing and keep posting ;-)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...