I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do and I thought I wanted to do it with birds. So, I went to the fabric store in search of beautiful bird patterned cotton, but nothing was really singing to me.
Then one of the sales ladies said, "Have you seen these? We just got them in?" I turned the corner and literally gasped out loud and quietly said "Oooooh! Look at the butterflies!!!!".
Luckily I know the sales lady fairly well and this was all par for the course for her. She tried to steer me back to the birds but it was a lost cause, I was hypnotized by the butterflies.
Here are the supplies I started out with:
1) I decided at first to cover a vase I had laying around. I just cut my fabric slightly longer than my vase.
2) Painted on some Mod Podge.
4) For the top and bottom, you just make some little cuts across the extra fabric to give it just a bit more give around the rounded edges.
5) I added some pretty velvet ribbon and layered some other ribbon on top with a glue gun.
6) I felt like it was still missing something so I stuck on this pretty K & Company butterfly embellishment.
It's pretty, but I didn't feel like it was my best work.
OH! I almost forgot to show you my sad paper flower experiment. I'm allergic to real flowers so I thought I could make my own out of pattern paper like I showed you from my pinterest board the other day.
I'm less than impressed~
7) So, I got out this cute little jar with a lid.
8) Cut some butterflies out of my fabric.
9) And Mod Podged them onto the jar. This time I just painted glue onto the backs of the butterflies because I wanted to keep the glass that wasn't covered clear.
What to put inside my pretty little jar????
A candle looks gorgeous.
But then I remembered as I was wandering around blogland last week that I found an awesome recipe for a natural hand scrub from Whole New Mom . It's so easy! All I needed were these three ingredients.
|You can use any kind of oil, any kind of sugar,|
and any kind of natural oil.
This is just what I had on hand~
I poured my amazing smelling scrub into and my jar and voila! I was finally satisfied. I love it. It feels amazing, smells incredible, and no, the carotino oil doesn't stain my skin!
OK, just 4 more projects to go~
What do you do when you mind is spinning out of control creatively? I may need to take a break and watch some old movies tonight. I'm sure I'll dive right back into all tomorrow though~
Have a crafty week everyone! And feel free to send me some warm weather!!! I think it might snow this weekend :(