Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ornament Challenge: Christmas Crystal Ball

Whew!  Are you as worn out as I am?  7 ornaments in 7 days! Not as easy as it first sounded when my good friend Gen from Cabin Fevered Gem challenged me to a duel in the craft room.
This won't be my last Christmas post but it just might be my last ornament for the next 360ish days~

Here's what you need:


I had a few variations of this ornament, mostly just because I picked up a boatload of these clear glass ornaments a thrift shop, but I ran out of time so I've just got one variation to show you for now~

Steps
1) Start by making your own glitter tape!  Gently place a piece of double sided tape down on some aluminum foil, coat it with glitter, and set aside.


1) Pop open the top of your clear globe ornament and throw in some glitter.


2) Using a funnel, fill your globe with water about 3/4 of the way full.  Don't lose your train of thought and fill it all the way like I did, you'll just end up with a wet glitter mess~


3) Gently remove your glitter tape from the foil, cut very small incisions along the bottom about a half inch apart so that it will bend easily.  Place the top of your ornament back on and secure with your lovely glitter tape.


4) Shake it up baby!


 Oooh! Aaaah!  It's like a mini crystal ball.  Hang it on your tree, and hope and pray that your cats don't find your new ornament as fascinating as you do~

If you look really closely,
you just might see 2012 in there~
Really, there's no limit to what you can throw inside there as long as it fits through the top.  I may do a few more, but for now, my tree needs a little break.  It's never seen so many ornaments in all it's life!

Head on over to Cabin Fevered Gem to see how she ended up the challenge.  And don't forget to add your creations to the Make it Great linky party.

Well, that's it for now!  It was fun, and my tree has more handmade bling than ever before.  I hope you enjoyed it and are inspired to decorate your tree with some of our fun ideas.

I'll post a recap of all the ornaments soon!

Today is the last day to enter the Surprise GiveawayDid you get your comments in yet???  I can't believe I hit the big 400!!! (That means an extra gift thrown into the giveaway for one lucky Etcetorizer!)  Check back tomorrow to see who won~

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Little City Farm said...

Okay, you have to let me off the hook. I've been searching for 2012 for 40 minutes now but can't see it, lol. Great idea. (not to torment with the 2012 thing, but the ornament idea I mean)

Gen said...

Ha! Nice one Tamara! Wait to finish off the challenge in an extra sparkly way.

This was really fun to do!
Gen

Megan said...

looks fabulous! everytime I see those clear bulbs I feel like I need to create an ornament!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Love the idea for the glitter tape! Great ornament!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...