Friday, October 7, 2011

Jar of Dreams

I try to be positive most of the time.  I believe in "The Secret" and using positivity to create your future and all that jazz. But sometimes I can't help it, sometimes I get a little down, and even a little negative.

So, I did this craft to remind myself about all of the good things in my life and all of the good things I want in my future.

Here's what you need:

I don't know how I could forget my beloved Mod Podge
 but you'll need some of that too and a foam
brush to paint it on~

Steps:
1) I got my Silhouette to do most of the work for me but because I don't really know what I'm doing on the Silhouette it sometimes takes longer than it should.  In any case,  I started by cutting out the words "Hopes, Dreams, Goals, and Wishes" in what I thought was vinyl, but later realized was the transfer paper you use to apply vinyl.


Turns out the paper was perfect because I was going for an etched glass look and this actually did the trick.  I adhered one word to each side of my cute little milk bottle.

2) Next I used my Silhouette to print inspirational words onto tiny little  circles of scrapbook paper and then cut them out.  It's best to use two-sided paper if you can.


3) And here's where you need the Mod Podge.  Apply glue to the flat side of large clear marbles (I still had some left over from my Statement Rings project), place your tiny little circle face down, and apply another coat of Mod Podge to seal it in.


4) Once all of my new inspirational marbles were dry, I mixed them in with the rest of my glass thing-a-ma-doies that I picked up at the thrift store.


 5) And then the exciting part comes....time to put it all into the... ACK!?!?!!?  What the heck?!?!!?


Darn, darn, darn....I didn't think to measure my marbles!  They were too big for the bottle opening.  Luckily this was a project in positivity. I kept my cool, gently pulled the words off the bottle, re-placed them onto something else, and tah dah!  finally got to add my precious dreams, hopes, wishes, and goals~

Mod Podge Craft, Easy Mod Podge Craft, Easy Decoupage, Decoupage, Inspiration Craft, DIY, Craft

I added a little hemp twine and placed it on my new DIY bookshelf that I'm getting ready to unveil to you all very, very soon!


What do you think?  I think the small milk jar turned out to be a happy accident.  I really like everything in the rose bowl instead.  That little wavy edge on the top makes it look so pretty.

Leave a comment and let me know...what do you do to keep positive?  This is especially challenging for me as the weather starts to get colder and colder around here so I'm really interested in hearing your ideas.

Hope to see you all on Monday at my "Make it Great Monday" linky party!   Have a great week everyone~

15 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! it is so perfect!!!!! you have inspired me to make myself one of these also!!!!! i think everyone should have one of these -- i truly do! i also think a jar of thanks might be in order on my end too!
thanks so much for sharing and have a FABULOUS day!!! hugs...andrea -- family and doxies (heaven and earth)

Gen said...

Just darling! That's such a nice idea and just in time for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing T!

South Bay Studio said...

Very cheerful looking. What a great idea. Kathi

Pearl Maple said...

Well done, that is the cutest idea

Cap Creations said...

What a fantastic idea it's very pretty!

Sweet Little Smoothie said...

What a great idea and beautiful reminder! I love that you mixed the inspirational pebbles in with other pretty filler. You've inspired me to make one of these with my little one as a Thanksgiving project. Thanks so much for sharing :)

printed pens said...

Well, That's such a spectacular idea and just in time for Thanksgiving. Your this all creation is gorgeous and I sure to make one for my sister on her birthday with her name or birthday quotations.

Krafty Max Originals said...

Even with the change of the container it turned out BEAUTIFUL! Very cool!

Hop'n by from 'Creative Bloggers Party & Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

Krafty Max Originals

Unknown said...

I made these for my wedding to decorate the tables. I then turned them into magnets. These are super fun to make.

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Very, very pretty

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Susan Smith - Starsunflower said...

Aww, so very sweet! What a lovely way to do affirmations. I have tons of marbles that I use to make necklaces out of. I definitely would like to do this project! ♥

Meredith from A Mother Seeking said...

I love this idea. So great for a family to do together, each contributing their individual dreams and a collective dream. LOVE it!

~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

Tina said...

This is a great idea!! I love it! This would make a wonderful wedding, housewarming or baby gift. Thanks for posting.

Visiting from the Blog Hop listed on Reno and Reorganization.

Miss Kitty said...

Such a great project. Thanks for keeping it real (like the mix up with the paper and the sayings not fitting in the jar...sounds like my projects).

srpprcrftr said...

Good for you, think you inspired lots of folks. You sure inspired me. Love your marbles, it was meant to happen that way to show you something.
I tend to suffer from depression and anxiety but crafting seems to take my mind off whatever is bothering me, gets me all crafty, duh. Especially when I get on here, see all the awesome projects being done by bloggers and the positive mind sets.
My husband is very negative, drives me crazy so I try to help him see the other side of things.
Because of a condition I was born with I was always told I couldn't do this or that but for some reason it made me try things I was told I couldn't, nah, nah, ha, ha, nah, lol.
I'd sure rather feel good about things than to sit around feeling sorry for myself. NO way Jose. I know it's silly but seems to work for me. Reading all the great posts is a big plus also. Happy days

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...