Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Memories Collage

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a scrapbooker.  I should be, I have more than enough photos, but I'm just not.  However, I have this lovely new Silhouette machine sitting here beside me at the computer and I figured it was about time I dusted it off and tried it out again.

I've made a few projects with it but I think I started out a little beyond my skill level so I got frustrated pretty quickly.  Last weekend I decided to try just a nice simple layout to see if I could work my way up instead of reaching for the stars first thing.

Easy Scrapbooking, Silhouette project, Photo layout, summer photo layout

(I was inspired by something I saw on another blog.  Unfortunately, I can't find the link so I can't credit the original source.)


My sister and her husband have been working really hard all summer so they've missed out on a few of the adventures we've taken their kids on.  I thought this would be a nice gift for her to see what they've been up to.


I know browns and golds are more fall than summer but this fits in with the decor in her home.  I thought my chances of having it displayed would be better if I made something that fit in instead of something that stood out like a sore thumb.

Anyway, that's my Show and Tell for today.  I like how it turned out and it wasn't hard to do at all.  I just may become a scrapbooker one of these days after all~

All of you new Etcetorizers....don't forget to check out the Follow my Friends tab up top.  Just add your blog button and you have a chance of being featured!  Don't think I haven't noticed all you wonderful new followers, especially all of my friends from Greece!  I'm trying to plan something special for the big 300 mark so stay tuned~

Have a great week everyone~

5 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

superb :)
Love the idea!!

Bailey K. | Travel Heals said...

what a great idea! so cute!

i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

thanks so much for sharing!

Janelle said...

Your framed art is beautiful. Love the color scheme.

If you want to try digital scrapbooking, I'm giving away a My Memories Suite software on my blog:

http://ofpinksandfairytales.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-my-memories-suite.html

If you have time, I would love it if you join.

Janelle
Of Pinks and Fairy Tales

Sam Findlay said...

gorgeous idea!

Debra said...

Such a cute idea. I am sure your sister will love it!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...