Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Show and Tell: Statement Rings

Did you guys see these great rings over at Craft Envy last week?


As soon as I saw them I knew I had to make some.

I bought some flat marbles to make magnets ages ago, but I still haven't painted my magnetic chalk board.  So, on a mission to start using the supplies I have at hand, I set to work on a couple of fun statement rings.   I call them statement rings because they're a little on the HUGE side.

Statement Ring, DIY Ring, Easy DIY Craft, Easy DIY Ring, Marble Ring

I have petite hands, but they really aren't that small....I just used really big marbles~


Even though they're abnormally big I think they're pretty cute, and soooo easy to make.  Just use some mod podge and paste some paper or fabric to the back of the marble and then just glue the marble to a ringy thingy.  Couldn't be easier.


What do you think?  Diamonds aside...can a ring be too big?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

These are really cute. I guess I would need to see them with an outfit, but I think they would be the right size! That way you can really see them! :) I didn't know how easy they were to make. Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

I think it is the perfect "statement" piece.

Decor To Adore said...

You are a genius! What an adorable ring!
I would love for you to post this on my Fall In Love linky party today.

Grassroot Elegance said...

New to your blog, and I love these rings! So pretty. I will be making these for sure. :)

Kasia said...

how cool are these!thank u for sharing

Joni Nickrent said...

Very cute...so many possibilities! Thanks for sharing! Pop Art Minis

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Very cute! I love that you can make them look however you want to match any outfit! Nice job :) Thanks for linking up again this week!

Roslyn said...

They are gorgeous, I really love them! Great job!

annies home said...

super cute fancy in a fun way love them come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

TheAccidentalCrafter said...

What a great idea! I was given some of these marbles a while back, so might fashion some of them into rings.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...