Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Show and Tell: The Peasant Dress

If you've ever visited my Etsy Shop then you may have figured out that I adore peasant dresses and tops.

I think they're a great look for all shapes and sizes, they're easy to make, and you can make them look sweet and innocent or sultry and sexy all with the flip of the neckline.

Here are three that I've made that are currently in my wardrobe:


This one is in a pretty printed polyester fabric.  It's very lightweight with just the tiniest crinkle factor to it.  I think this one is very sweet, very prairie girl~


Argh, Blogger is driving me crazy, it keeps rotating my photos~

This one is a little more risque only because it's made from a very stretchy knit that has a bubbly elastic quality sewn right into the fabric....and it's a little short.  Once again I shocked myself when I saw my own picture!  How come it never looks this short in the mirror???


close up of the fabric
And now.. hubba hubba.  See, just drop the neckline down onto your shoulders and you get a whole new vibe.  This is a crinkle cotton with lace sewn right onto the fabric, how convenient.


Also rotated...turn your head toward the left and you'll get a better idea~

I don't have a pattern to share with you for these because I just sort of "Frankenstein" different patterns together and make changes depending on the fabric.  If my fabric is narrow, than the dress is more close fitting.  If I have loads of fabric then it's looser and maybe a little longer.  Sometimes I use a drawstring in the neckline, sometimes I use elastic.  The sleeves are always different lengths, usually depending on the amount of fabric, the weight, and the pattern.  I really just play it by ear.  Sometimes I even add a ruffle. lace jabot, or some other embellishment.

Even Oprah rocks the peasant top so it must be OK to wear it!

Source
I've added several new linky parties to the tab up top so make sure to check them out.  And if you're a follower you might want to check out the Follow My Friends tab while you're up there....you could be featured!

Also, I've started up a linky party on Mondays, so make sure to come back and share your projects next week~

8 comments:

Jeanna said...

I love, love the black one... Super cute and sexy...

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

OMG!!! That black one is hubba hubba alraight! I LOVE IT!!!! Hmmm, might have to work on a pattern just like that!

AllieMakes! said...

Super cute! I wish it would stay warm so I could make and wear one now!

Unknown said...

You always look so cute!!! My fav is the black one. Total hubba hubba!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Gorgeous! The black one is my fave :)

Would love for you to link this up to my new diy fashion linky party! Come on over for DIY Diva Thursdays...we party until Monday ;)

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Katie said...

Great job! I love the fabric on the first one.

Abby said...

Love your fabric choices! They all look so pretty!

Kimberly T. said...

Wow, those are all so great! I really wish I could sew (or do anything) be just winging it like that.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...