Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Show and Tell: Funny Little Flowers

This is sort of a random Show and Tell.  I almost forgot that I had these funny little flower things hidden away in my craft closet.


I made them ages ago with yet another gadget I got from Japan.  As usual, I had big plans to make all kinds of things with these and then just got distracted by some other new, sparkly thing.









As you can see by the package, you can use ribbon or fabric or other kinds of trims to make the flowers.


I always seemed to use this crochet yarn stuff though.  I'm very drawn to anything variegated.



I used to make them all the time while watching TV, hoping to have a stack some day big enough to make something really substantial.  What I was waiting for...I don't know.



I was going to make these ones into a (lined) bikini top.



I thought about using them as embellishments on the yoke of a top or stringing them together to make straps or little cap sleeves for a shell.  But, again...I never did get around to it.


Now I'm imagining them in a bib necklace with some beads and lace attached.

What do you think?  Can you think of any uses for these things?  Leave me a comment with your great ideas so that I'm inspired to get my behind in gear and make something with them already~



Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  Just sign up as a follower and leave a comment on the Desk Set: The Rest of the Story post.  (There are only 14 comments so far so your chances are pretty good!) 

I'll be posting at the linky parties, check them out at the tab above!

14 comments:

Patty said...

I think you need to go "old school" and sew the flowers together side by side. Then tack them down on a plain fabric pillow. Understand what I mean? It is clear in my head.

Etcetorize said...

hmmmm, interesting idea Patty. I never even thought about using them on a home decor project. Thanks!

mousee23 said...

Join the hair accessories band wagon.Use them on clips or head bands.

Gen said...

So pretty! I would use them to add elegance to my pretty gift wraps.

Gen said...

one more idea! Aren't you posting a tutorial on making easypeasy scarves with a spool knitter on Friday???!!! Got my ice cream pale ready! You could use your pretty flowers to decorate your scarves, mitts, slippers...

Gen said...

I'm on a roll now! You could make a pretty vertical garland thing...So pretty for spring. Yes, it is just the beginning of winter in the prairies and I've got spring on my mind! Thanks for all the great inspiration!

Etcetorize said...

Thanks Genplusone! Those are all super ideas. I guess now I'll have to get to work and use them~

KimMalk said...

I vote for the shirt embellishments!

Cara said...

I think a bib necklace using these would be great! What a neat way to use your yarn!

DANA said...

That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!
http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

AllieMakes! said...

Those are AWESOME! I love the sweet loopi-ness of them!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Those are really cute! I could see them on linens such as placemats, tablecloth, cloth napkins or pillows. so pretty!

Naturally Me Creations said...

These are cute! :) I think it could look pretty sewed onto a table runner to decorate it a little. Or, next time you give someone a pot plant as a gift, wrap the pot up with fabric and glue some of these flowers onto the fabric - how cute is that?! :D

NaturallyMeCreations.blogspot.com

Whitney & McKayla said...

I didn't read all the comments...but they would be cute linked together as a fashion scarf or even sewn onto purchased scarves and hats as an embellishment.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...