Well, I spent most of this week sewing like a crazy woman and trying to figure out how to take pictures of myself in the outfits without looking like a total weirdo. You can check out some of my attempts here: Etsy photos . I'm trying a new technique where I cut my head off. I'm not very comfortable in front of a camera so this method seems to be going a little better.
Eventually I managed to turn my attention away from photos of me because we had beautiful weather here this week, which led me back out to my garden. I've noticed a few cool 'gazing ball' projects on other blogs and I figured this was something that my own garden has been lacking. The other projects were all created with used bowling balls (see: Cap Creations and My Repurposed Life) . However, used bowling balls are pretty rare around these parts. So, I headed out to our local Salvation Army Thrift Shop and found a great substitute.....an old light fixture cover.
Here are the supplies I used:
This project is so simple and took about 10 minutes to complete (minus the drying time).
Step 1: clean the light fixture
Step 2: apply stickers or decals (I used the left over bits from a window decal sheet I had)
Step 3: plaster it with Modge Podge.
Step 4: let it dry
And here's the final result as it dries in the sunshine!
Coming soon: Inspiration boards~